Road Safety Messages
accelerate as part of its offering is absolutely focused on road safety. 96% of young driver crashes have nothing to do with practical driving skill. It's all about attitude and behaviours.
This page will be developed over the coming weeks but as a starter take a look at the following.
Texting & Driving
Over half of drivers believe it is acceptable to send or read a text message in breach of mobile telephone law.
'So what?' you might say
See what could happen if it all goes horribly wrong
Warning this video graphically depicts what can happen due to texting while driving. Viewer discretion is advised. With that said the video certainly makes the point ...
A factor in 1 in 5 road deaths: Crashes involving 16-24 year olds & drink:
- 460 deaths
- 1760 serious injuries
DRINK STAYS WITH YOU LONGER THAN YOU THINK - you could still be unfit to drink the morning after. There is NO foolproof way of drinking and staying under the limit.
CONSEQUENCES LAST MUCH LONGER THAN A HANGOVER...
This video shows EXACTLY why you do NOT drink or take drugs and then drive...
- You MUST wear a seatbelt if one is fitted in the seat that you are using.
- Children must normally use a child car seat until they are 12 years old or 135cm tall, whichever comes first.
- Children over 12 years old or taller than 135cm MUST wear a seatbelt.
- It is the drivers responsibility to ensure under 14's are suitably belted or seated.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH
...SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES...
Speed is a factor in 28% of crashes...
- If you hit a pedestrian at 20mph, there is a 3% chance that they will be killed.
- If you hit a pedestrian at 40mph there is a 33% chance that they will be killed.
- If you hit a pedestrian at 55/60mph, there is a 90% chance that they will be killed.
Anti-social driving can lead to a £150 fine and your car being seized...
- Excessive Noise
- Loud Music
- Road Rage
- Handbrake Turns
- Middle Lane Cruising